We are OBSESSED with French toast! 🤤 It is something that we love to order when out for brekkie so we made a lower calorie version to make at home! 👌🏼 We especially love this recipe because you only need 6 ingredients and it’s super quick to make! We know how busy mornings are so this makes for a great simple, macro-friendly breakfast to start your day!
- 2 x slices thick sliced wholemeal bread (gluten-free if desired)
- 2 x large whole eggs
- 15g vanilla protein powder (whey or plant-based)
- 50ml unsweetened almond milk (or preferred milk)
- 60g mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 30ml sugar free maple syrup
- Add eggs, almond milk and protein powder to a bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Soak each slice of bread in egg mixture.
- Transfer bread onto a hot non-stick pan (pour any extra mixture on top!)
- Cook on medium heat until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve topped with fresh berries and sugar-free maple syrup (or preferred alternatives)
This recipe is straight from our recipe database and has quickly become a fave with our clients! We now have over 200 recipes and foods in our database that cater to all dietary preferences!
If you’re interested in more recipes like this and learning how to eat the foods you love while still getting results, we’d love to help! Check out our PERSONALISED COACHING for more information on how you can work with us!